☰  Help  Calendar  Member List  Search  Portal
 Portal  Search  Member List  Calendar
Hello There, Guest!  Register  Login

A new and bizarre "fake fielding" rule

Just saw this new and bizarre fake or mock fielding rule where a fielder pretending to have the ball and throw was penalized by the umpire. This happened in a game between Queensland and CA XI in Bulls JLT Cup match.

Here's the video of incident:

I don't know if this is ICC rule or some regional rule but what ever it is really stupid. They are making rules after rules to give batsman advantage. By the way Queensland won this match by 4 wickets.
Some upcoming cricket rules:

1. Ball must not swing more than 1cm in either direction
2. Cannot bowl more than 50KPH
3. Bowler must throw at least 1 wide or no ball per over
4. Fielders should not throw ball directly at wicket when batsman is taking run
کافی فضول دستور ہے یہ۔ بلے باز کو خد دیکھنا چاہیے کے بال اس وقت کہاں ہے نا کے کوی اسے بتایے اور اس کی مدد کرے۔کرکٹ کو دلچسپ بنانے کے چکر میں کہیں آی سی سی اس کی واٹ ہی نا لگا دے۔
کام جوان کی موت ہے، باپ کما رہا ہے یہی بہت ہے
I agree with this rule. It is unsportsmanlike to pull stuff like this although I understand where you guys are coming from. I don't think it's in the spirit of the game otherwise it will end up like an NFL running play, fielders running past each other pretending to pass/keep the ball.
(09-30-2017, 03:21 PM) tsupra Wrote: I agree with this rule. It is unsportsmanlike to pull stuff like this although I understand where you guys are coming from. I don't think it's in the spirit of the game otherwise it will end up like an NFL running play, fielders running past each other pretending to pass/keep the ball.

Does this rule improve the game? Simplify it? Make it more fun? Easier to understand? Improve over-rates? Improve safety? Encourage attacking or innovative play?

What is its purpose?
(09-30-2017, 04:32 PM) prv123 Wrote:
(09-30-2017, 03:21 PM) tsupra Wrote: I agree with this rule. It is unsportsmanlike to pull stuff like this although I understand where you guys are coming from. I don't think it's in the spirit of the game otherwise it will end up like an NFL running play, fielders running past each other pretending to pass/keep the ball.

Does this rule improve the game? Simplify it? Make it more fun? Easier to understand? Improve over-rates? Improve safety? Encourage attacking or innovative play?

What is its purpose?

1. The rule exists in outdoor to avoid fielding becoming a chaotic clusterfuck. If you've played indoor cricket before you'd have an idea what I'm talking about.
  2. Allowing "fake fielding" is going to result in batsmen running less, and adding nothing to the game which will make it less interesting.