☰  Help  Calendar  Member List  Search  Portal
 Portal  Search  Member List  Calendar
Hello There, Guest!  Register  Login

Clean sweep possible against Australia, says Shakib

Shakib Al Hasan said on Thursday that he wants no less than a clean sweep for Bangladesh when it faces Australia in a two-Test series that will begin with the first match on Sunday in Dhaka.

The opening Test will be the first between Australia and Bangladesh since Ricky Ponting's side toured the country in 2006 and claimed the series 2-0. Bangladesh – who only attained Test status in 2000 -- has moved on from that defeat, and hopes to build on recent stronger form with a series win on home soil against Australia.

Quote:I don't see why it can't be possible. Our expectation: winning both Tests," Shakib told reporters. "We need to do well in all aspects if we want to win the Tests. Whatever the strengths they have, Australia are always a tough opposition. They can adapt to any conditions very quickly. None can do this better than the Aussies.

[Image: GettyImages-836133478.jpg]

The visiting side trained in Darwin, a tropical city in northern Australia, ahead of the Bangladesh tour to adjust to the hot and humid conditions expected for the two-Test series. However, there were some hiccups once the team touched down, with Glenn Maxwell suffering a heatstroke during an early training session and a warm-up match cancelled due to flooding.

Shakib said Bangladesh would be hoping to capitalise on Australia's poor run in recent south Asia clashes. The world No. 2 Test side lost 0-3 to Sri Lanka in a series in 2016, before succumbing 1-2 against India earlier this year.

Bangladesh, meanwhile, has won two of its last three Tests, one against Sri Lanka and a historic win over England.

Shakib, the world's top allrounder in all three cricket formats, said Bangladesh's spin attack would put pressure on the Steven Smith-led side. The home side is banking on Shakib, Mehedi Hasan, the offspinner, and Taijul Islam, the left-arm spinner, to undo Australia's formidable batting line-up.

Quote:I think our spin attack is better than them. I won't say in all conditions, but in our conditions we are better than them. Taijul and Miraj (Mehedi) are bowling well for a long period. I hope they will do well in this series as well.

Shakib, Mehedi and Taijul took all 20 wickets when Bangladesh recorded their first-ever Test win over England, by 108 runs in October.

The second Test of the series will be held in Chittagong from September 4-8.

https://www.icc-cricket.com/news/459592
کام جوان کی موت ہے، باپ کما رہا ہے یہی بہت ہے
Tough chance for Bangladesh even though it's their home ground. Australia and Bangladesh haven't played a test match in 11 years.
Shakib ghalat nahi keh raha agar Australia usee tarah khelay jis tarah unhon nay last year Sri Lanka main khela tha.

is main koe shak nahi kay Australia mazboot team hai lekin kabhi kabhar woh Asia main kheltay waqt dagmaga jatay hain
i can't tell if shakib is serious or trolling
After day 1 of first test against Australia, Bangladesh made 260 while Australia is at 18/3.

Looks like Shakib was serious haha
Usman ko kyu nahi khilaya austrlia nay?
(08-27-2017, 09:14 PM) adnan12 Wrote: Usman ko kyu nahi khilaya austrlia nay?

His record in Asia is not very good that's why he was not selected.

us ke average 16 hai 5 test matches main
I saw on cricinfo that some australians are not happy about the pitch....they are saying bangladesh deliberately made such pitch that favours team batting first....and that we australians don't do the same when asian team comes to play here

Possibly Related Threads...