☰  Help  Calendar  Member List  Search  Portal
 Portal  Search  Member List  Calendar
Hello There, Guest!  Register  Login

Controversy in India vs Sri Lanka test match at Delhi

Anyone following India vs Sri Lanka test match at Delhi!? There's a bit of controversy going on due to smog/fog which has covered whole Delhi. I saw a video yesterday which shows that Kohli had to declare innings un happily as SL's were using delaying tactics. SL says there players are getting sick due to smog/fog and it is a big health risk.
Picture says it all!

[Image: L2Y7kh0PJ0Ai-wQGBsf271Baf56Sh9p3brWp4H0A...14a87b26b9]
I just read about it briefly but couldn't understand what the fuss is all about.
(12-04-2017, 10:35 AM) hamdan73 Wrote: I just read about it briefly but couldn't understand what the fuss is all about.

Sri Lankan players were stopping game intermittently due to smog.
People started saying that they are doing it on purpose.
SL players said that the pollution is too much and affecting their health.
Kohli didn't get his 300 which some people claiming is due to first point which broke his rhythm.
Kohli then had to declare innings because it was taking much time.
Apparently SL players were laughing when he declared which made Indians more angry because they thought this was their plan.
Other people say they were laughing cause they saw the coach and physio come down in SL whites to field for them as they didn't have 11 fit players.
Here's pic of coach and physio

[Image: wEPi5cO.jpg]
If smog was such a problem why didn't Sri Lankan players walk off the field?
(12-04-2017, 12:04 PM) arifahmed Wrote: If smog was such a problem why didn't Sri Lankan players walk off the field?

walking off means you are forfeiting the match. For it to be officially over, field umpires have to make a call about playing conditions being dangerous which they didn't
SL's didn't put money where their mouth is. So basically like India who refuses to play against Pakistan in bilateral series but when it comes to ICC events all their chest thumping goes away due to them losing points.
ICC should look into this because Delhi is totally not fit to host matches these days. This is a serious health risk that ICC doesn't understand.

Possibly Related Threads...