☰  Help  Calendar  Member List  Search  Portal
 Portal  Search  Member List  Calendar
Hello There, Guest!  Register  Login

HEC degree attestation process

Today I went to HEC Karachi for the attestation of Masters degree so wanted to share my experience. My first step was to register at HEC portal and submit all the information such as full name, address, CNIC, Matric/Inter/Bachelors/Masters passing year with grade/percentage.
You also have to attach scanned copies of these while submitting application. For Matric and Intermediate I only submitted degree/certificate and not the transcript (I didn't even have Inter transcript, more on this later).

Online Submission
For bachelors and masters I uploaded both degree and transcript. I submitted application on 23 Oct 2017 and upon submission I got confirmation email as well as SMS from HEC immediately. This is actually sent to HEC Islamabad where they do initial scrutiny to see if every thing appears to be correct and in order. They don't actually attest any degree because that will be done by HEC Karachi which I selected at the time of submission.

I was expecting that it will take a long time (2 weeks probably) before I will get any reply but luckily I got reply (via email and SMS) from HEC on 1 Nov 2017 that my application is ready to be processed and I should go and setup an appointment to go to HEC Karachi.

I logged in to HEC portal to see how can I schedule an appointment but I didn't find any option. Nor there was anything in the email they sent so I sent them an email asking how to schedule an appointment. They promptly replied that it should be done from the HEC portal as there is option and then received another message from HEC and then I logged in to find out scheduling option.

So I guess what happens is after first confirmation email you have to wait a few more hours for another email/SMS and then you can schedule appointment.

I went ahead and chose time 9:30am to 10:30am on 6 Nov 2017. Before going don't forget to take print out of 2 documents which you can download from HEC portal:

1. Fee Challan
This is one page fee challan which you need to submit in bank (more on this later)

2. Application form
This is a three page document which contain your information as well as degree that you want to attest

After print out make sure to write signature at appropriate locations on both documents and also write your phone number on top of application form. Along with these documents you have to take photo copies of following and take it with you when you go to HEC:

1. Matric certificate copy
2. Intermediate certificate copy
3. Bachelors degree and transcript copy
4. Master degree and transcript copy
5. Photo copy of CNIC (if someone else is going on your behalf then his CNIC copy also)

Reached HEC Karachi
Fee challan submission was a little confusing because it said "HBL Sharfabad Branch" so I thought first I need to go there and submit fee. So it took me few minutes to find this branch and when I went inside to pay fee they said that HBL Sharfabad branch is there in HEC Karachi office and there I will need to pay fee and not here.
I reached HEC Karachi office in a few minutes. It is very easy to find as it is right on main Stadium Road (where both Agha Khan and Liaquat National hospitals are). Just opposite Liaquat National Gate No. 2 (slightly ahead) you will see a board saying "National Book Foundation" and "HEC" so you can go straight inside. There is plenty of parking. In fact HEC office is inside this NBF building and the actual entrance is from behind but you can also go from here.

After entering you will see a man on left side which will be surrounded by people. He is a very important person because he is the one who will do all your documents in order i.e. "making a set" which you submit. But before that you need to take token which you can from automatic token machine behind glass door.
Once you have taken token, come back to this man for making set. Once done wait for your turn and then go to Window No. 1 when called. The line was moving very slow and each token was taking around 10 to 15 minutes. Then I noticed that it has been an hour and no progress so I went to Window No. 1 to ask what happened and in typical Pakistani style I came to know that "je system down ho gya hai".

They said no need to wait for token now just get in line and submit documents on your turn. Once your turn comes hand over the set to them. They will check and verify then put some stamps and ask you to go to another window which is actually HBL Branch. It all took 5, 7 minutes including submitting fee. Once you submit fee, HBL guy will give you a receipt and ask you to come back after 3pm to take attested degrees.

Taking attested degrees
I went there at around 3:50pm and submitted receipt to the person giving attested degrees. It is the same window besides HBL branch. After a few minutes he handed over attested degrees to me and I had a sigh of relief.

So overall I will says it's not bad in fact it was faster than I thought. Except that "system down" hiccup everything went smoothly.
Thanks for the info. Good to hear that now HEC has office in Karachi. I remember around 5, 6 years ago I had to send my documents to HEC Islamabad because they didn't have office in Karachi back then.
do they also ask for matric and inter transacript or only certificates/degree?
(11-12-2017, 12:40 PM) isbgame Wrote: do they also ask for matric and inter transacript or only certificates/degree?

No it is not needed. At least not when attesting Masters degree. My Intermediate transcript is lost so I was thinking this will create problems but they didn't even ask for it.
sorry to update old thread but can anyone tell me if HEC has issued some new format for university transcripts!? because today my cousin went to attest his masters degree and HEC said the transcript is in old format and he needs to get new format from his university
(03-06-2018, 03:47 PM) moby Wrote: sorry to update old thread but can anyone tell me if HEC has issued some new format for university transcripts!? because today my cousin went to attest his masters degree and HEC said the transcript is in old format and he needs to get new format from his university

Yes HEC issued new guidelines in 2011 or 2010 I think about new transcript format. Some universities were issuing transcript without dividing subjects into semesters so HEC stopped attesting those. This is no big deal just go to your university, give back old transcript and get a new one.
کام جوان کی موت ہے، باپ کما رہا ہے یہی بہت ہے
When the students want to get attested their degrees from HEC, they will have to bring the degree attestation forms and fill it and submit it with the relevant documents. They should provide all necessary information to the officials of HEC. The degree attestation is done for the university by HEC, which are approved by the HEC. The degree attestation is done for the candidates, who want to apply for grant of admission in the foreign university. When they get attested their degrees and other educational documents from HEC, then they will submit in the embassy of the relevant countries. The degree attestation is done swiftly after following the correct procedure and gets the help of the agencies, which are associated with these embassies.
Aoa 
I have submited all required infor then i got rply about scrunity now approximatly 1 weeks ago i have check may dash board status 
Still application is in processing 
I want to ask how many days will take for application process 
Thanks 
Kinds regards 
Eysa
(07-11-2018, 04:47 AM) Hussaineysa Wrote: Aoa 
I have submited all required infor then i got rply about scrunity now approximatly 1 weeks ago i have check may dash board status 
Thanks 
Kinds regards 
Eysa

Which degree have you submitted for attestation? And which city are you talking about?
کام جوان کی موت ہے، باپ کما رہا ہے یہی بہت ہے
(07-11-2018, 04:47 AM) Hussaineysa Wrote: Aoa 
Thanks 
Kinds regards 
Eysa

Was

Normally it is attested same day unless you did some hanky panky with degree or may be your university is hanky panky