☰  Help  Calendar  Member List  Search  Portal
 Portal  Search  Member List  Calendar
Hello There, Guest!  Register  Login

How I improved WiTribe connection speed

I am currently using WiTribe 3G (not new 4G LTE) and its speed is good. But at times it will slow down a lot. Problem is being a wireless connection its speed is dependent on how many bars are you receiving or in simple terms, quality of connection. It highly depends on where you place the device i.e. sometime you may get 1 signal (worst case) or if you are very lucky then 4 signal (best case).

But if you place it somewhere where you get 3 or 4 bars then your wifi signal may become weak so most of the users compromise and don't make effort to place the device in some suitable place.

So for best connection you need to place the device at best location and stop worrying about WiFi signals because for that you can use an amplifier or repeater. Like I placed my WiTribe device on top floor where I get 3 bars (I can even get 4 bars if I place it at particular place but that place has no UPS connection or covering from rain so I changed location). In the middle floor I placed the following wifi repeater which I ordered from Xiaomi Pakistan Store. Now I get signals on all 3 floors of the house. The device may look small but is very powerful.

Mi WiFi Amplifier 2
https://www.xiaomistore.pk/xiaomi-mi-wif...eater.html

It costs just Rs. 1200 (plus delivery charges Rs.200) and arrived in just 3 days. The setup is very easy and its just plug and play. Here you can see my device in action:

[Image: EuH3nN0.jpg]

Now I am getting much improved speed than before. Of course if the connection it self sucks which happens at night when their bandwidth chokes then you cannot do anything but at least this way you can remove this possibility of getting poor signals.
Nice info man!

I will definitely use it. Is this device chargeable!?
(01-29-2018, 10:22 PM) KakaSipahi Wrote: Nice info man!

I will definitely use it. Is this device chargeable!?

No need to charge. Directly connect it to wall socket using 5V USB adapter that are easily available for around Rs. 150. You know the ones that you use to charge mobile phones (as shown in my pic)
I am also using this device. Make sure you select "China" during setup otherwise it won't be able to detect your repeater.

Setup is very easy actually. You just download app from play store, select China as country and then it will show you list of WiFis to connect to. Choose yours and then it will automatically setup new WiFi having same password and name. The only difference is it will write "_plus" at the end of the name.

For e.g. if your Wifi name is "Ponka" then your new wifi will become "Ponka_plus"
کام جوان کی موت ہے، باپ کما رہا ہے یہی بہت ہے
Hi,

I think this device is not for witribe only but anything that uses wifi as you can increase its range.
(01-31-2018, 09:32 PM) faisal Wrote: Hi,

I think this device is not for witribe only but anything that uses wifi as you can increase its range.

you are right