☰  Help  Calendar  Member List  Search  Portal
 Portal  Search  Member List  Calendar
Hello There, Guest!  Register  Login

Is Roger Federer a sore loser?

So i was thinking that he is very popular and all but everyone has a dark side (ok exaggerating a bit) and I think he is a sore loser. What do you think?

[Image: Roger-Federer-740x385.jpg]
lol hey man are you ok!?

did u just wake up and had a revelation that Federer is a sore loser? what happened!?
May be he is talking about that quarter final lost to Tomas Berdych French Open.

He lost 6-4, 3-6, 6-1, 6-4 and when it came to admiring his opponents strength and that he played better than him, he started giving excuses. One of the excuse was about back problem if i remember. he went on to say that he can "handle" guys like Berdych and Soderling if he is healthy.

But this was way back in 2010 so I don't think this is a good example of being a sore loser.
he was a bit of a hot head in his early days. But who isn't!? 
In a 2009 match against Novak Djokovic he not only broke he racket by hitting it at the floor, he tossed it towards his chair. Here's excerpt from that time:

Quote:When Federer duffed a mid-court forehand early in the deciding set of his 3-6, 6-2, 6-3 defeat, putting the ball into the net, he unexpectedly sought an emotional release by giving his racket a full-strength whack onto the hard court. After picking up the mangled, crumpled racket, he tossed it towards his chair, the frame sliding across the court, and by then many in the crowd were light-heartedly whistling at the shock violence from the world No?2. When the racket-smashing was replayed on the giant video screen, there was another round of whistling in the stadium.

He has learned from it and now he doesn't act like a child.
I was talking about a more recent example from 2011 when he was lost to Novak Djokovic in US Open semi final and was very salty. In post match conference he didn't give credit to Djokovic and instead was all tetchy. He had already won the first 2 sets but later choked and lost the match.

Yeah this was his second straight loss to Djokovic the previous one in 2009.

See for yourself how he acted.

he has now changed. he is a media darling now and people say he is one of the best tennis player of all times because he plays it so effortlessly.

Possibly Related Threads...