☰  Help  Calendar  Member List  Search  Portal
 Portal  Search  Member List  Calendar
Hello There, Guest!  Register  Login

Is tennis beginner friendly?

I have always wanted to get back to playing tennis. I played as a kid for a year or so and loved it, but parents moved a lot and it was hard to keep at it. Still followed the sport as a spectator but, you know. Now at 25 years old, I'm thinking of going back to the sport, just for fun. I have no idea how beginner friendly it is though so I figured I'd make a post here and ask.

It's been long enough since I played tennis that I consider myself a pretty much total beginner. I'm fairly athletic though and love love competition. I'm aware that by virtue of father time I'd be demolished by anyone who even remotely knew what they were doing though. So like, are there like tournaments specifically for people under a certain skill level or something?

And how common are 25 year old beginners? I don't want to stand out too much if possible haha. ...Well, I say that, but I really want to go back to tennis. Being wanting to for 10 years now. Even if I look like an idiot I still wanna get back in the court again. But I want to know what I should be ready for, if that makes sense.

[Image: tennis%203.jpeg]
میری اور آپ کی صورتحال کم و بیش ایک جیسی ہے۔ میں بھی ۲۵ سال کا ہوں اور کافی ایتھلیٹک ہوں۔  ایک زمانے میں میں بھی ٹینس کھیلا کرتا تھا لیکن پھر دوسری مصروفیات کی وجہ سے چھوڑ دیا۔ 

اس سال ومبلڈن دیکھا تو دل میں پھر جوش آیا اور اب میں پھر ہفتے میں ۲، ۳ بار ٹینس کھیل رہا ہوں اور بہت مزہ آرہا ہے۔ وہ جو ہوتا ہے نا کے جب فٹبال کا عالمی کپ چل رہا ہو تو ہر گلی محلے میں فٹبال چل رہی ہوتی ہے تو اسی طرح ومبلڈن دیکھ کر مجھے بھی جوش آگیا۔ 

آپ بی کھیل دوبارہ شروع کریں اور اسے جاری رکھیں اس طرح آپ کی ٹیکنیک بہتر ہو گی اور آپ کے کھیل میں بہتری آے گی۔ ویسے بھی ۲۵ سال کوی بڑی عمر نہیں ہوتی اور میرے خیال میں ابھی آپ میں کافی پوٹینشل ہے۔ 

آہستہ آہستہ سب ٹھیک ہو جایے گا۔
I would say it's one of the more difficult sports to start playing. It's not that easy to come across regular hitting partners that you would enjoy playing with depending on your area. Courts are limited a lot of the time. What you need to do, find someone with similar motivation/skill level to hit or play sets with. Alternatively get a coach and be prepared to play mostly doubles when you get to the public courts if you just wanna hop in.
Tennis (like most racquet sports) is easy enough to pick up as a beginner and mess around per se, but getting to a point where you can consider yourself a "good, competitive" player (4.5+) can be a significant time investment, which is harder to do so after childhood due to "adulting"/real-life and its time constraints. That being said, if you are interested in pursuing the sport as a recreational then it is definitely the "lifetime" sport that anyone at any age can play, so do not hesitate in the least!
Among all the racquet sports... it's probably one of the harder ones. That said, it's still beginner friendly enough that anyone who puts it some effort will be able to hold low to medium paced rallies with confidence.

Go get a racquet and just start! If you don't have friends or partners who can teach you then consider finding a coach. You'll have a lot of fun!
Thanks for the input guys