☰  Help  Calendar  Member List  Search  Portal
 Portal  Search  Member List  Calendar
Hello There, Guest!  Register  Login

No love for Ashes?

Strange that nobody has created Ashes thread yet!!

A superb first test match is underway between England and Australia and so far England has upper hand after Day 2 as they are leading by 137 runs.

[Image: 6ashes2311.jpg]
I was thinking about it but realized may be people are more interested in Pakistani matches or may be not appropriate on this forum.
(11-24-2017, 02:46 PM) KakaSipahi Wrote: I was thinking about it but realized may be people are more interested in Pakistani matches or may be not appropriate on this forum.

There is no restriction as long as that particular post is related to that category. For e.g. anything related to Cricket can come here no matter if it is Ashes, IPL or BPL etc.
England lost too many wickets quickly at the end. A score of 375+ would have been more competitive. Looks like Australia has slight advantage now.
Although I was unable to watch but nevertheless I followed 2 days play and this is what a wonderful and competitive test cricket looks like.

Game remains delicately balanced after a day of ebbs of flows and swings to and from either side.
(11-24-2017, 04:42 PM) msalman Wrote: Although I was unable to watch but nevertheless I followed 2 days play and this is what a wonderful and competitive test cricket looks like.

Game remains delicately balanced after a day of ebbs of flows and swings to and from either side.

This is why I love test cricket. England were on top to start the day, then Australia fought back to finish off the innings. At the start of our innings England were on top and at 4/76 we looked in trouble. From then on the Aussies have been on top. In one day it fluctuates so much, but you have to say it's still in the balance heading into day 3.
I find it hilarious that people are talking about the pitch not being a flat track and having variable pace as a bad thing. How dare the GABBA not be a batsmen paradise.
The batsmen actually have to WORK for their runs?? They can't just stroke at everything?? how dare they make the batsmen actually have to work for their runs!!!
Let me start by saying that the pitch this year at the Gabba is quite interesting. I read an article from 2011 which mentioned that an older, quicker pitch was used for that series rather than the flat-track bully heaven it had been. This year's seems to be quite unusual with the ball coming on but not really carrying through after the bounce with early turn. Not to the home teams liking - although I dare say the Aussies will always back their batting against the current England team.

As for the game I was thinking Australia was in control, especially because Smith is still out there and set. But after this latest wicket, maybe it's more towards England now. If England can lift they could force a collapse.
تپڑ ہے تو پاس کر۔۔۔۔۔ورنہ برداشت کر
انگلینڈ کے باولرز نے آسٹریلیا کو ۳۰۰ سے زیادہ رنز بنانے دیے جو کے ان کے لیے کچھ اچھی خبر نہیں۔ اندازہ ہو گیا ہے کے براڈ، اینڈرسن اور شاید معین علی کے علاوہ کوی خاص باولرز نہیں ان کے پاس۔ اب سب کچھ ان کےبلے بازوں پر منحصر ہے کے وہ کم از کم ۲۵۰ کا  ٹارگٹ دیں ورنہ انگلینڈ کے لیے مسلہ ہو سکتا ہے
کام جوان کی موت ہے، باپ کما رہا ہے یہی بہت ہے
Epic beer glass snake at Gabba!

[Image: o2mH9UJ.jpg]