Help  Calendar  Member List  Search  Portal
 Portal  Search  Member List  Calendar
Hello There, Guest!  Register  Login

PCB announces 17 member Pakistan squad for world cup

PCB has announced 17 member provisional squad for World Cup 2019.

Players include Sarfraz Ahmed, Fakhar Zaman, Imam Ul Haq, Abid Ali, Babar Azam, Shoaib Malik, Mohammad Hafeez, Haris Sohail, Shadab Khan, Imad Wasim, Hassan Ali ,Fahim Ashraf, Shaheen Shah Afridi, Junaid Khan, Mohammad Hasnain.

Reserve players: Mohammad Amir, Asif Ali

What do you guys say on this!??

[Image: m4we5i1.jpg]
(04-18-2019, 06:20 PM) hamdan73 Wrote: What do you guys say on this!??

THANK YOU CHACHU
[Image: 8364.jpg]
I would have loved Haris Rauf instead of Hasnain because for me he is the next Shoaib Akhtar.

As for Amirs numbers in ODI's, the reason his numbers are really below par is because of all the catches that have been dropped of his bowling. In my opinion he is still the best bowler Pakistan has got atm.

Disappointed that Amir, Asif Ali, Shenwari & Umar Akmal aren't in the squad.. you need power hitters & death bowlers.
Amirs economy alone should justify his inclusion in the squad of a tournament where 300 will be on the scorecard every match.

Not even counting the dozens of Dropped Catches.
In the past 2 years since the CT 2017 final, Amir has taken only 5 wickets at an average of 92. That's both home and away. He is by far the worst bowler in the world. The next worst is Mark Wood. He averages 47 with the ball. That's nearly twice as good as Amir.

M.Husnain is only 18/19 years old, is over 6'3 in height and has been recorded at bowling 152 kmh. Even Shoaib Akhter was not that fast at that age. 152 kmh from a 6'3 fast bowler could be more than deadly in English conditions.
Why is Hasnain in the team after one PSL and 3 games?? Typical PCB!

I'd have Amir ahead of Hasnain and Rizwan ahead of Abid Ali, and then we have a solid team. Amir may not have wickets, but he has the second lowest economy in the same period, and that matters as well in OOI.

Overall a bit disappointed.
(04-18-2019, 11:13 PM) chacha Wrote: Amirs economy alone should justify his inclusion in the squad of a tournament where 300 will be on the scorecard every match.

Not even counting the dozens of Dropped Catches.

I am fine with PCB's decision to test Amir/Asif before WC, this is their opportunity to prove themselves. If they don't, they only will have themselves to blame.

Amir has been out of form, and Asif has been incredibly inconsistent in ODIs.

If Amir does well, I would drop Hasnain for him as he is too green.
Decisions basically came down to following:

1) Left arm 'steady' opening pacer (Amir or Junaid)

They went with Junaid for now but Amir could replace him after England series

2) Risky but potential match winner (Shinwari or Hasnain)

They went with the developing brain over the bowler with no brain

3) Backup batsman (Abid or Rizwan)

They went with the 3rd opener instead of a 5th option for the middle order
Glad some sane heads prevailed and Shinwari/Yasir Shah were discarded. Asif Ali has been exposed at international level as a hack tbh, regardless of his ability to hit the ball big. Amir's pick sounds a lot like Jofra Archer's where they'll both need to perform out of their skins in the 5 ODIs or hope for one of the other seamers to conveniently pick up an injury to get any chance of being selected

Also feel terrible for Rizwan who's far more fit, experienced and in better form than Abid Ali - plus he bats in the middle order where there's a serious lack of depth atm. Abid's pick is a surprise considering he literally only has a 100 & 0 against Australia AND failed the fitness test. Yes he has a 100 on debut - on a dead pitch against Australia's bench attack yet they still lost making a meal out of a mediocre score.. which all started from the lazy, tired shot he played just after getting his century.

Have they conveniently decided to forget that criteria for selection then after making such a big deal out of the yoyo test? And why pick a spare opener when Babar and Hafeez can also both open and have experience doing so?

Possibly Related Threads...