☰  Help  Calendar  Member List  Search  Portal
 Portal  Search  Member List  Calendar
Hello There, Guest!  Register  Login

Pakistan rape of Zimbabwe

Although no discussion is going on regarding current series with Zimbabwe and we have already won the series and the current match is dead rubber BUT there is something in this match that we need to discuss.

Pakistan is firing in all cylinders and is currently at 388 for 1 after 49 overs thanks to first one-day double century from Pakistan by Fakhar Zaman.

[Image: i?img=%2Fi%2Fcricket%2Fcricinfo%2F115217...ion=center]
lol
there is one more record that Pakistan made today which is the highest number of runs in opening partnership in ODI (304 runs). Previous record was Sri Lanka against England (286 runs)
یار صرف ایک رن رہ گیا اگر وہ بھی بنا لیتے تو مزہ آجاتا
اس بات پر شاعر نے کیا خوب کہا ہے کے دو چار ہاتھ لب بام رہ گیا
jeet gya fakhroo
haar gae mehangai

fastest to reach 1000 runs in only 18 innings (new ODI record)
When he first played in CT last year, I thought he is a one hit wonder. But looks like he has proved me wrong although I am still a bit skeptical because he still has to prove a lot against bigger teams. But nevertheless this is no small feat considering following previous record holders who achieved it in 21 innings:

Viv Richards

Kevin Pietersen

Jonathan Trott

Quinton de Kock

Babar Azam
(07-20-2018, 03:52 PM) Admin Wrote: Although no discussion is going on regarding current series with Zimbabwe and we have already won the series and the current match is dead rubber BUT there is something in this match that we need to discuss.

Pakistan is firing in all cylinders and is currently at 388 for 1 after 49 overs thanks to first one-day double century from Pakistan by Menu

[size=undefined]

Result
5th ODI, Pakistan Tour of Zimbabwe at Bulawayo, Jul 22 2018
[/size]
[size=undefined]
Zimbabwe never really looked to be in pursuit of Pakistan's 364; they eventually batted out the 50 overs for the loss of four wickets

Match Centre
[/size]

MATCH DETAILS
[size=undefined]

Queens Sports Club, Bulawayo
Series
Pakistan tour of Zimbabwe 2018

Toss
Pakistan , elected to bat first

Player Of The Match
[Image: 7.png&h=25&w=25]Babar Azam

Player Of The Series
[Image: 7.png&h=25&w=25]Fakhar Zaman

Series result
Pakistan won the 5-match series 5-0

Match number
ODI no. 4021

Season

Match days
22 July 2018 (50-over match)

Umpires
[Image: eng.png&h=25&w=25]Ian Gould[Image: zim.png&h=25&w=25]Russell Tiffin

TV Umpires
[Image: zim.png&h=25&w=25]Langton Rusere

Reserve Umpire
[Image: zim.png&h=25&w=25]Jeremiah Matibiri

Match Referee
[Image: sri.png&h=25&w=25]Ranjan Madugalle

[/size]

SCORECARD SUMMARY
[size=undefined]

PAKISTAN 364/4(50 OVERS)[/size]
[size=undefined]
ZIMBABWE 233/4(50 OVERS)[/size]
[size=undefined]
Scorer: Ranjith P | Commentator: Karthik Krishnaswamy
END OF OVER:
50 | 9 Runs | ZIM: 233/4 (132 runs required, RR: 4.66)
[/size]
  • PJ Moor44 (54b)

• E Chigumbura25 (37b)
  • Sarfraz Ahmed2-0-15-0

• Shadab Khan10-0-42-0
[size=undefined]
4.55pm That's it from us, as Pakistan's players pose for photographs with the series trophy. We hope you've enjoyed our coverage. Until next time, goodbye!
Sarfraz Ahmed: "Great team effort, we wanted to finish on a high note, and Fakhar, Imam and Babar responded brilliantly. We need a one-month rest, we'll go home and then back to training for the Asia Cup. A couple of big Test series too, after that."
Fakhar Zaman is the player of the series. "I really enjoyed it. In 2016 I was with Pakistan A, and I enjoyed that tour a lot. Same this time too, with the Pakistan team. I was taking my time at the start, waiting to punish the bad deliveries, and that was the main thing for me."
Babar Azam is the player of the match. No interview, for some reason.
Hamilton Masakadza: "Starts all the way down, but no one really pushed on. We spoke about wanting someone to push on, but that didn't happen. We wanted to get to 250. I think a few of the guys are new to international cricket, and this series has shown how big a gap there is, and how much work remains to be done before our next series."
Raj: "As a Zimbabwe supporter I want to say that Zimbabwe hit more sixes than Pakistan." -- Indeed. Your boys won that contest 9-6.
Shernawaz: "Zimbabweans learnt well from previous matches and now they played extremely well. In coming days they will improve with much better performance." -- Let's hope so, and let's hope the senior players and the board sort out whatever differences they have as well.
4.38pm That's it, Pakistan have sealed a 5-0 win. It was never in doubt at any point today, least of all after Zimbabwe began their innings with the clear intention of simply batting through the 50 overs. Can't blame them for it - they were never going to chase 365 against this attack. All five of their top five got past 30, and Chigumbura at No. 6 made an unbeaten 25, so a productive, extended net session for them. I thought the younger batsmen, whom we've not seen much of so far, looked impressive - Kamunhukamwe, Masvaure and Murray.

Sarfraz Ahmed to Moor, 1 run, loopy and slow outside leg, sweeps to long leg for one

Sarfraz Ahmed to Moor, no run, length ball on off stump, goes back and clips it back to the bowler

Sarfraz Ahmed to Moor, no run, back of a length outside off, punched to extra-cover

Sarfraz Ahmed to Moor, 2 runs, shortish on middle and leg, pulled along the ground to deep square leg

Sarfraz Ahmed to Moor, no run, slants it wide of off, Moor leaves it alone

Round the wicket now.

Sarfraz Ahmed to Moor, SIXruns, long-hop turning in from outside off, and Moor clatters it over the midwicket boundary

Sarfraz to bowl the last over of the series.
[/size]

[size=undefined]
Menu
ESPN
[/size]
[size=undefined]

Result
4th ODI, Pakistan Tour of Zimbabwe at Bulawayo, Jul 20 2018
[/size]

• [Image: 7.png&h=42&w=42]
    PAK
    399/1
  • [Image: 9.png&h=42&w=42]
    ZIM
    155 (42.4/50 
[size=undefined]
Fakhar's 210* secures Pakistan's 244-run win

Pakistan smashed their highest-ever ODI score and then won by the second-biggest [/size]

[size=undefined]

Series

Toss
Pakistan , elected to bat first

Player Of The Match
Fakhar Zaman

Series result
Pakistan led the 5-match series 4-0

Match number
ODI no. 4020

Season

Match days
20 July 2018 (50-over match)

ODI debut
TS Kamunhukamwe

Umpires
Ian GouldLangton Rusere

TV Umpires
Russell Tiffin

Reserve Umpire
Jeremiah Matibiri

Match Referee
Ranjan Madugalle

[/size]

SCORECARD SUMMARY

[size=undefined]

PAKISTAN 399/1(50 OVERS)[/size]

[size=undefined]
ZIMBABWE 155(42.4 OVERS)[/size]

[size=undefined]

END OF OVER:
[/size]

[size=undefined]3rd ODI, Pakistan Tour of Zimbabwe at Bulawayo, Jul 18 2018[/size]
  • ZIM67PAK69/1 (9.5/50 ov)
[size=undefined]
Pakistan won by 9 wickets (with 241 balls remaining)[/size]

[size=undefined]

5dDanyal Rasool

Faheem five-for razes Zimbabwe in record win

Pakistan's win with 40.1 overs to spare is their biggest in a chase; seal series 3-0

Match Centre
[/size]

MATCH DETAILS

[size=undefined]

Series

Toss
Zimbabwe , elected to bat first

Player Of The Match
Faheem Ashraf

Series result
Pakistan led the 5-match series 3-0

Match number
ODI no. 4019

Season

Match days
18 July 2018 (50-over match)

ODI debut
PS Masvaure

Umpires
Jeremiah MatibiriIan Gould

TV Umpires
Iknow Chabi

Reserve Umpire
Langton Rusere

Match Referee
Ranjan Madugalle

[/size]

SCORECARD SUMMARY

[size=undefined]

ZIMBABWE 67(25.1 OVERS)[/size]

[size=undefined]
PAKISTAN 69/1(9.5 OVERS)[/size]

[size=undefined]
Scorer: Ranjith P | Commentator: Shashank Kishore
A hapless Zimbabwe side ran into red-hot Pakistan in the third ODI in Bulawayo, turning in a performance that made the first two games look like heroic over-achievement.
Hamilton Masakadza: It was a bit of a disaster straight up. We just tell the guys to stay positive and try to rectify the wrongs done today. It's not easy to come back, though. We need more application. Soft dismissals and technical errors to go with it. Hopefully, we come out firing next game.
Sarfraz Ahmed: First of all, a great performance. Ashraf and Junaid bowl well but we can do with tough matches. Ashraf getting better day by day and is he an allrounder and we need him. We will try to give opportunities to the other players in the next two games.
Faheem Ashraf is the Player of the Match
Well, that escalated quickly and I'm not complaining. Goodbye for now.

Ngarava to Fakhar Zaman, FOUR runs, in his swinging arc, belted through midwicket.Game, set and match. Pakistan win with 241 balls to spare. This has been a hiding of the kind Zimbabwe haven't witnessed so far in the series. Pakistan seal the series 3-0

Ngarava to Fakhar Zaman, FOUR runs, fetches the pull from way outside off again, gets it away towards deep midwicket where there's a misfield to give away a boundary. Should have been no more than two

Ngarava to Fakhar Zaman, FOUR runs, gets on top of the bounce and pulls him all along the ground to the square leg fence

Ngarava to Babar Azam, 1 run, width outside off again, gets a thick outside edge on the cut to square third man

Ngarava to Babar Azam, no run, keeps low as this slants across, beats the bottom edge as he looks to cut

END OF OVER:
9 | 17 Runs | PAK: 56/1 (12 runs required from 41 overs, RR: 6.22, RRR: 0.29)
[/size]

• Fakhar Zaman31 (21b)

• Babar Azam18 (32b)

• B Muzarabani5-0-43-1

• R Ngarava4-0-13-0
[size=undefined]

Muzarabani to Fakhar Zaman, no run, right forward as he defends this length delivery to the off side.
[/size]

[size=undefined][size=undefined][size=undefined]
Menu
ESPN
[/size]
[/size]
[/size]
[size=undefined]

Result
2nd ODI, Pakistan Tour of Zimbabwe at Bulawayo, Jul 16 2018
[/size]

ZIM

PAK
195/1 (36/50 ov)

[size=undefined]
Pakistan won by 9 wickets (with 84 balls remaining)[/size]

[size=undefined]

7dThe Report by Danyal Rasool

Fakhar Zaman 117* as Pakistan cruise to big win

Pakistan's fast bowlers impressed in overcast conditions after Zimbabwe had elected to bat, giving their batsmen only 195 to chase

Match Centre
[/size]

MATCH DETAILS

[size=undefined]

Series

Toss
Zimbabwe , elected to bat first

Player Of The Match
Fakhar Zaman

Series result
Pakistan led the 5-match series 2-0

Match number
ODI no. 4017

Season

Match days
16 July 2018 (50-over match)

Umpires
Russell TiffinIan Gould

TV Umpires
Langton Rusere

Reserve Umpire
Iknow Chabi

Match Referee
Ranjan Madugalle

[/size]

SCORECARD SUMMARY

[size=undefined]

ZIMBABWE 194(49.2 OVERS)[/size]

[size=undefined]
PAKISTAN 195/1(36 OVERS)[/size]

[size=undefined]
Scorer: @Cricket_Lama | Commentator: Sreshth Shah
4.05pm That's all from us at Bulawayo. Another dominating win for Pakistan. Surely they're favourites to go all the way and win 5-0, eh? To see if they actually can complete a washout in Zimbabwe, join us in a few days for the third ODI. Till then, on behalf of Varun Shetty, this is Sreshth Shah, saying khuda hafiz and good bye!
4pm Time for the presentation.
Sarfraz Ahmed, the winning captain:"Thanks to Allah. Shenwari bowled brilliantly, but Fakhar and Babar did the job for us. Usman's bowled really well after his injury. Took five wickets against Sri Lanka on a flat surface earlier. Getting better day by day. We are lacking a bit in the fielding, but otherwise we are doing very good. Chances of a couple of team shuffling, but first we want to win the series."
Fakhar Zaman, the Man of the Match: "If you are in form, and you are giving your 100%, then the runs will come. Trying my level best, and doing well. Should utilise your good form. Today I was trying to go till the end. Tried with Imam, he was unlucky (smiles) but I wanted to stay till the end. Batting was easy in both innings."
Hamilton Masakadza, the losing captain:"Tough day in the office. I got out the wrong time trying to up the game, but the target was never going to be enough. We're losing wickets at crucial times, and also not rotating the strike enough. They've played our spinners really well, and with such a score, it was always going to be difficult for our bowlers. Hopefully we can put up a better performance, and make the series competitive."
Aslam: "Don't read much in these wins. Should worry about M. Amir not getting a wicket. What he will do against teams like India, Aussies or SA. "
Ali Ahad: "Babar will score hundred in 3rd one day"
imran: ""what a pair fakhar and imam is proving to be in zimbabwe series. imam got 100 in first game and fakhar in 2nd .who will score his 2nd series hundred first. Fakhar or imam?""
3.52pm Another century from a Pakistan opener, another win for Pakistan. A drama-free second innings, barring Imam Ul Haq's run out, as the visitors go up 2-0. Fakhar shakes the hand of his opponents, as his highest ODI score ensured Pakistan romped home. The game, however, was set up by their bowlers, led by Usman Khan's four-wicket haul. The fact that Fakhar finished unbeaten would give him a whole lotta confidence. Stick around with us. We'll be back with the presentation party.
Khawaja: "Well technically game ended in 36th over ,coz no legal bowl of 37th over was bowler" -- you, sir, deserve a special prize.
Mian Kashif: "Zimbabwe Cricket board needs to think seriously about thier developed players,Zimbabwe is lot better than these performances. Pay them and get their services. Only way for Zimbawe."
Arsalan Iqtidar: "Fakhar Zaman needs just 273 runs in next 5 innings to become the fastest batsman to score 1000 ODI runs! "
Simon: "Ha ha, Boycott made 14 off 36 balls chasing that target of 46...would love to have seen it"
Muhammad Umair: "Averages of Pakistan top 3 batsman are over 50. very rare sight, might be the first time "
1w

Tiripano to Babar Azam, 1 wide, short and wide down the leg side, and that's the end!Pakistan win by nine wickets.

One run to win. Those who predicted a 37-over finish, all of you deserve a chocolate.

END OF OVER:
36 | 11 Runs | PAK: 194/1 (1 run required from 14 overs, RR: 5.38, RRR: 0.07)
[/size]

• Fakhar Zaman117 (129b)

• Babar Azam29 (36b)

• WP Masakadza10-0-61-0

• DT Tiripano7-0-32-0
[size=undefined]
Hemant: "I can't wait for September to come, Asia Cup 2018 is going to be so exicting."

WP Masakadza to Fakhar Zaman, no run, good length on leg, and fended back to the bowler

That's his highest ODI score now.

WP Masakadza to Fakhar Zaman, FOUR runs, good length outside off, and cut away to the point boundary. Makes some extra room, and sends this into the boundary. Scores tied

Pakistan one scoring shot away from the win.

WP Masakadza to Fakhar Zaman, FOUR runs,

WP Masakadza to Babar Azam, 1 run, full on middle, and he sweeps this fine down the leg side! Placed to perfection, and deep midwicket just can't cut it off

1b

WP Masakadza to Fakhar Zaman, 1 bye, good length outside leg, and Fakhar misses the cut shot. The ball goes under his bat, and then through the keeper's legs for a bye
[/size]

[size=undefined][size=undefined][size=undefined][size=undefined]Menu
ESPN
[/size]
[/size]
[/size]
[/size]
[size=undefined]

Result
1st ODI, Pakistan Tour of Zimbabwe at Bulawayo, Jul 13 2018
[/size]

• PAK308/7ZIM107 (35/50 ov)
[size=undefined]
Pakistan won by 201 runs[/size]

[size=undefined]

10dThe Report by Danyal Rasool

Imam's 128 leads Pakistan to first ODI win in 2018

Shadab's career-best 4 for 32 bundled Zimbabwe out for the lowest ODI total in Bulawayo

Match Centre
[/size]

MATCH DETAILS

[size=undefined]

Series

Toss
Zimbabwe , elected to field first

Player Of The Match
Imam-ul-Haq

Series result
Pakistan led the 5-match series 1-0

Match number
ODI no. 4015

Season

Match days
13 July 2018 (50-over match)

ODI debut
R MurrayLN RocheAsif Ali

Umpires
Langton RusereIan Gould

TV Umpires
Jeremiah Matibiri

Reserve Umpire
Iknow Chabi

Match Referee
Ranjan Madugalle

[/size]

SCORECARD SUMMARY

[size=undefined]

PAKISTAN 308/7(50 OVERS)[/size]

[size=undefined]
ZIMBABWE 107(35 OVERS)[/size]

[size=undefined]
Scorer: @Cricket_Lama | Commentator: Deivarayan Muthu
END OF OVER:
35 | 1 Run 1 Wkt | ZIM: 107/10 (202 runs required from 15 overs, RR: 3.05, RRR: 13.46)
[/size]

• R Murray32 (48b)

• Shadab Khan9-0-32-4

• Mohammad Amir7-1-21-1
[size=undefined]
3.50pm That is that in Bulawayo. Pakistan break their 2018 ODI duck in some style. The win was set up by Imam-ul-Haq's second ODI hundred. His 128 and Asif Ali's late assault carried the visitors to 308 for 7, shaping a 201-run victory. Chasing a steep target, Zimbabwe continued to lose wickets and were eventually dismissed for 107 - their lowest total in Bulawayo. Do stick with us for the presentations...
Hamilton: I thought the seamers bowled well upfront and at the death. We lost it in the middle. Too many soft dismissals - the first three wickets were soft and you can't chase 300 with that. Murray and Liam made a good account of themselves and showed promise. The guys need to pick themselves up, four more to go
Imam, Player of the Match: It is a great feeling to come back in the side. We did not have a good time in New Zealand and I was working hard. I want to thank the management. We knew if we play the first 10 overs according to the situation we knew we could put up a good score. Thanks to my parents and the management. If you get set, you make sure you play in the end. I try to do that and I succeeded today.
Sarfraz Ahmed: If the team performs well, the captain is definitely happy. I think we could have got more runs in the end but there was overcast conditions. Zaman and Imam played well in the first 15 overs. Very pleased with the bowlers' performance but we need to work more. Every match is very important and we want to take it one by one.
That's a wrap of this game. Goodbye for now
W

Shadab Khan to Muzarabani, OUT, shorter wrong'un, spins in from outside off, Muzarabani looks to cut and ends up chopping the ball back onto the stumps. Shadab claims his best figures in ODIs and wraps up Pakistan's win

B Muzarabani b Shadab Khan 0 (5m 8b 0x4 0x6) SR: 0.00

Shadab Khan to Muzarabani, no run, tossed on off stump, glided away to point

Shadab Khan to Muzarabani, no run, here comes the wrong'un, turns in to take the inside edge and roll away to the leg side

Shadab Khan to Muzarabani, no run, follows two legbreaks with a slider outside off, left alone

Shadab Khan to Murray, 1 run, floated up outside off, driven with the break through the covers

Shadab Khan to Murray, no run, on a length and turns away outside off, the batsman leans back and forces the ball to backward point
[/size]

Thanks for the update techman

Possibly Related Threads...