☰  Help  Calendar  Member List  Search  Portal
 Portal  Search  Member List  Calendar
Hello There, Guest!  Register  Login

Pakistan vs New Zealand - 1st Test - Match Thread

New Zealand won the toss and elected to bat.

[Image: i?img=%2Fi%2Fcricket%2Fcricinfo%2F116563....jpg&w=570]
has new zealand forgot to play test cricket? May be they should watch on youtube videos of other teams
Really disappointed with Imam's out :(

Hopefully he bounces back in the next inning. Is it bad that I want Hafeez to not do too well so he doesn't end up going to SA? I just don't see him surviving against an attack of Steyn, Rabada, Ngidi, Philander...

At least with Imam, he'll get experience and he's obviously one for the future; with Hafeez, he's close to retiring anyway so don't want him to go...

Hoping we see a Fakhar+Imam opening pair in SA ideally.
Do commentators yell oye hoye everytime there's a boundary?
Is there something wrong with the pitch or are both teams throwing their wickets away?
(11-17-2018, 01:17 PM) chacha Wrote: Is there something wrong with the pitch or are both teams throwing their wickets away?

It's dry, has uneven bounce and is slow to come on. So I think it's trickier then it looks. Plus I am surprised at how slow the outfield is at Zayed Stadium. I feel like it should be basically green concrete.
I hope Mikey blasts Babar when he's back in the dressing room for being an absolute idiot. Beyond stupid. He not going to develop further as a cricketer if this is the peak of his mental capacity.

His thought process: Look at these stupid New Zealand players letting me get singles of the first ball every over.
Imam has really upped his game in the 4th innings in the few opportunities he's been given. Very impressive!
(11-18-2018, 12:15 AM) BBBD Wrote: I hope Mikey blasts Babar when he's back in the dressing room for being an absolute idiot. Beyond stupid. He not going to develop further as a cricketer if this is the peak of his mental capacity.

His thought process: Look at these stupid New Zealand players letting me get singles of the first ball every over.

Babar Azam may be a great batsman but still plays extremely selfish cricket, which is what is stopping him from being a modern day great like Kohli or Root. It is inexplicable how his strike rate slows down to a halt whenever he's between 40-49 and in the 90s (which led to his dismissal on 99 vs Aus) in both Tests and ODI cricket. His selfishness + lack of game awareness here means Pak is 8 down going into tea and Azam is only on 60*, while other batsmen would have sped up the tempo ages ago, picking up boundaries while farming the strike.

Even Asad Shafiq (see day-night Test century in Australia) plays with the tail better
WTF just happened!!!!!
I am shocked....... PISS POOR BATTING DISPLAY

Possibly Related Threads...