☰  Help  Calendar  Member List  Search  Portal
 Portal  Search  Member List  Calendar
Hello There, Guest!  Register  Login

Rafael Nadal to receive Spanish 2017 AS award for best athlete

Rafael Nadal will receive Spanish 2017 AS award for best athlete. He is going to be honored as the greatest athlete of the past 50 years. This award will be given to him by the King and Queen of Spain at a dinner in his honor (and the female winner) on December 4, 2017.

[Image: 1510979484_577656_1510979560_noticia_normal.jpg]
Good. He deserves this. But I think people still don't consider him the GOAT or in the same league as others probably because people try to make his dominance on clay a negative instead of a positive. Like "oh had he not been nearly unbeatable on clay he wouldn't be half as good".
تپڑ ہے تو پاس کر۔۔۔۔۔ورنہ برداشت کر
(11-20-2017, 12:19 PM) zohaibs Wrote: Good. He deserves this. But I think people still don't consider him the GOAT or in the same league as others probably because people try to make his dominance on clay a negative instead of a positive. Like "oh had he not been nearly unbeatable on clay he wouldn't be half as good".

میرے خیال سے یہ بات ٹھیک ہے کے اگر اس کی فرینچ اوپن والی فتوحات میں سے کچھ نکال کر دوسرے ٹورنامنٹس مثلا ومبلڈن، یو ایش اوپن اور آسٹریلین اوپن میں شامل کر دی جایں تو پھر کہا جا سکتا ہے کے ٹینس کا بے تاج بادشاہ ہے وہ۔ لیکن فلحال تو اس کی فرینچ اوپن فتوحات بہت زیادہ ہیں دوسرے ٹورنامنٹس کے مقابلے میں۔
Based on his current winnings and what should have been, it is safe to assume that yes that would render him without a doubt a GOAT. Basically a best all around player ever because nobody has completed a double career grand slam (winning every major at least twice).

If we evenly distribute his winnings from French Open then that would make his career triple grand slam.

Currently
2 Wimbledon
2 US Open
1 Australian Open
10 Roland Garros

What should have been to make him GOAT
4 Wimbledon
4 US Open
3 Australian Open
4 Roland Garros
(11-20-2017, 03:12 PM) moonwalker Wrote: Based on his current winnings and what should have been, it is safe to assume that yes that would render him without a doubt a GOAT. Basically a best all around player ever because nobody has completed a double career grand slam (winning every major at least twice).

If we evenly distribute his winnings from French Open then that would make his career triple grand slam.

Currently
2 Wimbledon
2 US Open
1 Australian Open
10 Roland Garros

What should have been to make him GOAT
4 Wimbledon
4 US Open
3 Australian Open
4 Roland Garros

I guess you are talking about open era otherwise Roy Emerson and Rod Lavar have a double career grand slam. But I understand where you are coming from. Some people say Roland Garros is the shittiest slam to watch lol (may be not because it is easy to play but may be because of clay surface the matches become a little slow and boring)
For me Rafael legacy isn't something special. He is very good but not elite. At least not yet and I don't see it in foreseeable future.
If same logic is applied to Federer then.......take 2 Wimbledon, 1 US open and 1 Australian Open....... and add it to French Open, than that those stats will look better than Nadal

Possibly Related Threads...