☰  Help  Calendar  Member List  Search  Portal
 Portal  Search  Member List  Calendar
Hello There, Guest!  Register  Login

Ronda Rousey, WWE finalizing details of ex-UFC champ's move to pro wrestling

Ronda Rousey’s UFC career effectively ended last year, when she was beaten by Amanda Nunes inside 48 seconds. Now it’s approaching its formal conclusion, with Rousey moving closer to throwing herself into a new adventure with WWE.

Two people close to Rousey told USA TODAY Sports that she is finalizing details of her move to WWE. The people requested anonymity because the switch has not been announced.

However, the evidence of Rousey’s career change has been mounting for a while. Rousey was at a WWE show in September and watched her close friend, Shayna Baszler, a former mixed martial artist now making waves with the WWE. During the event, Rousey was caught in a stare down with leading women’s wrestler Charlotte Flair, in which Rousey issued a challenge: “You name the time. You name the place.”

That led to speculation that an official appearance is imminent, perhaps at Wrestlemania 34 on April 8 in New Orleans. The WWE did not immediately respond when contacted by USA TODAY Sports on Wednesday.

Quote:I love Ronda, and anything she can do to make money for her and her new husband then I am rooting for her. She will get a lot of money, and that’s great.

longtime friend and legendary wrestler, martial artist and stuntman Gene Le Bell said.

[Image: 2401749.main_image.jpg?strip=all&w=940]

Le Bell said rather than being a permanent member of the WWE roster, Rousey might be most effective as a spot wrestler, making occasional appearances at high-profile events.

Rousey has been busy of late, promoting a soon-to-be-released and self-titled website. She has also spent time working out at the WWE’s High Performance Center in Orlando, Fla.

The person with the greatest business interest in seeing Rousey return to fighting essentially ruled it out recently. UFC President Dana White counts Rousey as a personal friend and said he believes there is little she can gain from taking to the octagon again.

Quote:I wouldn’t want to see it. I wouldn’t want it to happen. I care about her. She has got money … and all that stuff. I don’t want to see it happen.

White said last week.
کام جوان کی موت ہے، باپ کما رہا ہے یہی بہت ہے
ہاہا کیا یاد کروا دیا یار

ایک زمانہ تھا جب رونڈا کا طوطی بولتا تھا ایم ایم اے میں۔

بہت نام تھا اس کا کہ اس کو کوی ہرا نہیں سکتا۔۔۔اس سے اچھی ویمن فایٹر آجتک کوی نہیں آی۔۔۔۔اوپر سے شکل کی بھی اچھی ہے تو وارے نیارے تھے لیکن جب اس کو امانڈا نے ہرایا تھا تو سب حیران ہو گیے تھے کے یہ کیا ہو گیا۔

پھر اس کے بعد یہ دوسری فایٹ بھی ہار گیٔ تھی اور اس کے بعد ٹھس۔ سننے میں یہی آیا تھا کے اب ایم ایم اے میں نہیں لڑے گی۔

چلو اچھا ہے ریسلنگ میں زور آزمای کر لے ٹیلنٹ تو بحرحال ہے اس میں۔
I have heard her mic skills are terrible and she can't act. I guess giving her under Paul Heyman will help.
May be Heyman can do a promo all by himself with Brock hopping in one corner and Ronda with the BMF stare in the other.

Or I could see an angle of absolution or some other faction standing tall in the ring after a win only for Paul Heyman's smug "ladies and gentlemen" before introducing his new client, because the women's revolution is too good to pass up on.
She'll have a Lesnar type schedule where she only does a few big PPVs each year and isn't a big factor in the women’s division week to week until those few matches roll around.
Honestly all depends on how she is booked, which will probably be awful. The last thing we need is Rousey coming in and bulldozing through the women's division. Add to that that her first feud will probably be with fucking Stephanie McMahon of all people and I have absolutely zero anticipation for this.
The dilemma WWE is facing at the moment is do they promote Rousey as the invincible force she once was or the more fragile star looking for redemption we have seen after she twice got knocked out in the UFC? You can’t just expect people to forget her history and how she hid from the public eye after each loss.
This is great for both parties. Ronda still has star power and can be a great tweener just like Lesnar. Just imagine a judo match between her and Asuka.

Possibly Related Threads...