☰  Help  Calendar  Member List  Search  Portal
 Portal  Search  Member List  Calendar
Hello There, Guest!  Register  Login

Usman Shinwari out of West Indies series due to back injury

So another of our bowler goes. Looks like this is fitness problem at domestic level and we seriously need to look into it.
If you notice any new bowler who comes into the team seems to get injured within a few games of International Cricket. Abdul Razzaq, Mohammad Irfan, Mohammad Zahid, Junaid Khan, Usman khan just to name a few off the top of my head.

Maybe it's time Pakistan paid closer attention to it's domestic fitness. Hopefully a trickle-down effect from the international team on fitness priority will change this in the future.

And this injury of Usman is not small. There is a stress fracture on his back which is a career threatening injury. Not the first time this has happened as he suffered injuries  in the early days of his career, in 2013, after making debuting for Pakistan in T20 cricket. He has sustained back injuries twice before and missed a major chunk of season of 2014-15 as a result.

[Image: i?img=%2Fi%2Fcricket%2Fcricinfo%2F112450...ion=origin]
jab hamaray players is tarah kay khanay khaein gay to aisa he ho ga

[Image: 561f56234190a.jpg?r=1599286677]

[Image: 57ba746667965.jpg]
I saw program Mazaq Raat in which they invited Wasim Akram and Pakistani team fitness coach (forgot his name) and they both said our player's diet is one of the biggest problem in fitness.
تپڑ ہے تو پاس کر۔۔۔۔۔ورنہ برداشت کر
(11-05-2017, 02:37 PM) zohaibs Wrote: I saw program Mazaq Raat in which they invited Wasim Akram and Pakistani team fitness coach (forgot his name) and they both said our player's diet is one of the biggest problem in fitness.

His name is Dean and he was actually trainer for Islamabad United. Here's the program where Wasim and Dean are talking about fitness (watch from 12:15)

Possibly Related Threads...