☰  Help  Calendar  Member List  Search  Portal
 Portal  Search  Member List  Calendar
Hello There, Guest!  Register  Login

what an innings by Fakhar

man i am so stoked after today's innings by Fakhar Zaman. it's a shame that we didn't have any match thread to discuss. Unluckily he didn't get a hundred (which he deserved) but we won the tournament after beating none other than Australia (who have been shit lately)

[Image: i?img=%2Fi%2Fcricket%2Fcricinfo%2F115162...ion=center]

This last month in limited overs cricket has shown that Australia just doesn't have a middle order. The openers, no matter who they seem to be, put up a decent score and then the rest just fall in a heap.

The rest of the world has figured out that leg spinners are match winners in this format yet they keep on picking bits and pieces all-rounders and containing spinners like Agar.
From 3/2 to 187/4. Never change Pakistan. No. 1 T20 team for a reason.
Pakistan truly deserved it. The fielding and bowling could have been better, nonetheless our batting clicked and got us through the line. This consistency is what we have been wanting to procure for years and now slowly we're becoming consistent. We have still areas that needs massive improvement. Really proud of my team.

Good luck to Australia for the future. Fought really hard throughout the series. But looks like in this game Finch didn't even try to win. He let the field stay open and just let Pakistan win easily. What sort of an attitude is this? Is this really the Australian attitude we have grown up to?
Some stats:

Highest ever run chase by Pak in T20I

9th consecutive series win by Pakistan

Pakistan's last 27 T20Is: Won 23 Lost 4

First series one against Australia in 28 years
If we do a little postmortem of Australian performance then it is clear that was an embarrassing bowling performance by them. Wildermuth and Stoinis are not international quality T20 players. Finch should have just given Maxwell the first over. J Richardson bowled poorly at the death. Agar is not a frontline spinner. Zampa should have never been dropped. Australia should have played both Agar and Zampa in this series. Tye is the only good bowler but even then he is only really effective in the death overs.

Australia in terms of their batting today did a fine job but they should have got 190+ after the start they had. Australia need to stop picking openers in the middle order. Why doesn't Burns get a go in the T20 squad in the middle order. In T20s, when batting at 4 or 5, Burns has a average of 40 and a strike rate of 130.